We are seeking a full-time Maintenance and Appliance Technician for our Central and North Jersey apartment communities. The Technician will perform general maintenance and repairs for assigned equipment and facilities including plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating and cooling, and other building systems. In addition, the Maintenance and Appliance Technician is responsible for handling day-to-day operations and maintenance of our properties, including common areas and grounds.
This position requires travel to our properties throughout NJ, focusing primarily on the following locations: Montvale, Branchburg, Howell, Jackson, Seaside, and Toms River.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and a team player mentality. Maintenance experience highly preferred.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision
- Generous paid time off
- Opportunity for growth
- Career stability
- Shift premiums for Maintenance on-call hours
Education, Licenses and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Previous experience in HVAC and plumbing preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing appliances is required.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, stoop, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- The ability to perform diagnosis’ of various electrical components and follow a schematic.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds at a time.
- The ability to drive to and from work locations.