Laurel Oaks Apartments is Energy Star® Certified and aiming for LEED Platinum Certification. Certification under those programs ensures cleaner, healthier and more energy & resource efficient living spaces. Some highlights of Energy Star and LEED for Homes listed below:
- High efficient insulation
- High performance windows
- Air-tight construction and ducts
- Energy Star efficient heating and cooling equipment
- Third-Party verification
LEED for Homes
- Innovation & Design: Special design methods that contribute to the sustainability of a home
- Location & Linkages: Proximity to transportation, shopping, recreational spaces, etc.
- Sustainable Sites: Project density, types of landscaping, stormwater management.
- Water Efficiency: Use of indoor and outdoor water efficiency practices (i.e. low flow fixtures or rainwater reuse for irrigation)
- Energy & Atmosphere: Emphasizes energy efficiency within the building envelope (i.e. performance of heating/cooling systems, lighting, air filtration, etc.)
- Materials & Resources: Efficient selection and use of environmentally preferable materials, waste minimization, and recycling.
- Indoor Environmental Quality: Improvement of indoor air quality by reducing the creation of and exposure to pollutants
- Awareness & Education: Training managers and residents on the operations, maintenance, and special features of a LEED home.